Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Green Crafts




So enough about depressing stuff back to the happiness of the holidays. Here are more photos of some of my green crafts. Of course mom and hubby, Robert, helped out.

I have snowmen made from scrap pieces of wood and Popsicle sticks and Christmas stockings made from fabric samples from a furniture store.

Several years ago I worked at La-Z-Boy and they would just throw out boxes of the old fabric swatches. So one time I grabbed a huge box and brought them home determined to do something with them. Since I can't sew I had my mom help and we made a bunch of Christmas stockings, bags, and I put together enough pieces to make a quilt but so far that has never been sewed together. In fact it disappeared. But I still have fabric left so we'll see what I can do. I really need to learn how to sew. But hey I saved stuff from ending up in a landfill.

No comments: