Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Green Halloween Craftiness




Last year I made a lot of recycled, upcycled and green Halloween crafts from things that normally get tossed in the recycling bin. I made pumpkins and cats from laundry soap bottles, decorative luminaries from tin cans, and all kinds of little creatures and critters from yogurt cups and even fun and frightening favor boxes out of cardboard toilet paper rolls.








Here’s a cute way to upcycle plastic laundry detergent bottles into fun Halloween decor.
You can use different size plastic bottles to create an assortment of black cat decorations for your green Halloween party.








Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls are one thing that everyone seems to have.
My kids love to play with them to make binoculars and all sorts of fun playthings.
I have found several creative ways to transform toilet paper rolls. Favor boxes for special occasions and parties are one way to put them to good use.



Anyone can easily take empty rolls and turn them into fun party favors, especially for Halloween.








After all the Halloween craftiness I created from tossed trash last year I am trying to figure out new things to create this year.



I grabbed an ice pail and painted it orange and black for Halloween. I want to find some crafty Halloween paper designs to cut out to decoupage to the pail to dress it up a little more.
I was thinking about wrapping it in scrap book paper but I had no Halloween colors or styles. But I think it turned out pretty good considering it started out as a plain white pail headed for the recycling bin. I would love to make a Halloween bucket with paper like I did when I turned an ice cream pail into a flower girl basket for a wedding.




No comments: