Friday, November 6, 2009

Bottled Up Designs: Stylish Jewelry Made from Vintage Glass




I love vintage glass. I have a few hoarded bottles and unique finds that are currently stashed away so my kids don’t break them. Eventually I will have all my antiques displayed around my home and not stuffed in boxes…after the kids have grown up.



If I displayed everything now it would just get broken. But broken glass pieces don’t always get wasted. There are many artists who have found creative ways to turn broken glass into works of art. Some make mosaics, others make new bottles, glasses or tumblers, and some, like Laura Bergman of Bottled Up Designs , make pretty pieces of jewelry.




Laura Bergman is a Reclaim Artist. She finds old pieces of glass and turns them into beautiful, wearable art. She takes found glass and transforms it into jewelry… and the results truly are works of art.



Who would have thought that pieces of broken glass could be turned into eco-elegant jewelry.
I love unique finds and when I came across Bottled Up Designs I was fascinated.




No comments: