Friday, June 10, 2011

Repurposed Garden Decor










Gardening season is here and that means it is time for me to get my hands dirty…literally.

I love to dig and weed and plant. I often don’t have a lot of money to put into my garden so I use what I have on hand, which means I need to be more creative at times.

I have pulled old rusty stuff out of my backyard and turned it into garden decorations- like old tractor seats. I’ve turned a found piece of old tractor/farm equipment into a trellis; an old wooden ladder became four separate trellises for my morning glories and moon flowers.

I have an old wheel barrow with one handle that I am debating what to do with. I was considering turning it sideways with the one handle sticking out and planting flowers out of it, like it fell over. I have seen that done before and it looks kind of cute. But I am not sure if it’s really I want to do.


I like the bicycle part trellis that someone created. Too bad all of our old bicycle parts were recently taken to the recycling yard- we just had way too much and I had no idea what to do with them. I wish I would have found the trellis photo before everything was hauled away.

I am yearning for an old bath tub that would make a pretty flower bed. I have seen that done numerous times and I love the way it looks. I just haven’t come across any that are suitable for the garden.

What do you think of re-purposed garden decor? Do you think it is crafty or junky? What kind of things do you use in your gardens?

No comments: