Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Crafts Roundup

BHG Christmas table display
Nothing says the holidays like handmade goodies and the web is filled with fun, amazing, easy and sometimes green ideas. Many of the crafts can easily be made eco-friendly by using items you already have on hand or switching items out for more eco-friendly supplies.

Here are some of my favorite holiday crafts that I’ve spotted:

This Christmas table display found at Better Homes and Gardens is bright and cheerful and so easy to make. You take Christmas bulb ornaments and place them in a square glass vessel then tie with a ribbon. Voila! Very pretty and pretty easy.

Also possibly very green. I know I have ribbon, extra Christmas ball ornaments and maybe even a glass dish lying around somewhere.

btton tree from BHG.com
Here’s another gorgeous example of a holiday craft that can be made green. What crafty chick doesn’t have a jar full of buttons somewhere? I know I do and I don’t even sew, but I love buttons. And this button tree is absolutely adorable.

This one also came from Better Homes and Gardens. You’ll find plenty of other festive and easy holiday craft ideas there. Including some great ideas for DIY holiday wall art.

from BHG.com
Here’s another easy DIY holiday idea that has the potential to be green. Aframed Christmas tree made from ornaments, a picture frame and some wire. I know I have an unused frame and extra Christmas bulb ornaments that could quickly be turned into something similar to the photo above.

Better Homes and Gardens has a whole section of quick DIY holiday wall art to make.

button wreath
AllYou.com also has a great roundup of handmade holiday crafts including this cute button wreath. It’ll match the button tree. I can see I’ll be decorating with buttons this year.

topiaryAllYou.com also has a section for no fuss holiday decorations that are easy to make, like this ornament topiary.

No comments: