Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Review of Domaine du Tariquet Wines


I was recently approached to review a couple bottles of wine. 

Now wine isn't something I normally review though I have posted quite a few wine inspired crafts- and I did review a couple bottles of organic wine but I am no wine expert or snob by any means. 

So I don't know if I'm the best person to offer a wine review- perhaps they thought because of my last name I might be a wine drinking foodie type. And I am to a certain extent. :-)

More of the foodie less of the wine drinker, though. I tend to use wine and wine themes more for decorating and accessories than actually drinking it. Mainly because I'm not much of a drinker, not because I don't like wine. 

Anyway on to the review...

I received a bottle of 2010 Chardonnay, a bottle of Classic 2011, and Sauvignon 2011

I love that all three wines are very affordable and offer a high quality wine fitting for any budget. Being a budget minded mama that's always a plus for me no matter what the product.

The other thing I loved about these three wines is the very aromatic and distinct scent each wine offers.

I must be honest, I prefer red wines because I love their deep intense flavors. So I was very unsure how I would feel about the whites.

The classic wine is light and fruity with an underlying flavor of tropical citrus fruits.

The Sauvignon was too floral for me. I'm definitely not a fan of the florals. 

I like the deeper flavors of other fruit and the unexpected surprise flavors you can sometimes taste in wine. Like in the Chardonnay, which was my favorite, because I could taste the lush undertones of vanilla- and I am a big fan of vanilla. Tasting it in the wine was a pleasant surprise.

If you love white wines I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what Tariquet has to offer- and it sure won't break the bank to give them a try.
Ugni White Colombard
Origin:
Gascony, Bas-Armagnac
Grown, produced and bottled by Domaine du Tariquet.
Varieties:
Ugni blanc 45%, Colombard 35%, Sauvignon 10%, Gros Manseng 10%
Serving suggestion:
Serve chilled. Very refreshing at any time of the day, as an aperitif or with starters, seafood or fish.
Tasting notes: 
Ugni Blanc Colombard, thirst-quenching pleasure
‘In the past, all that mattered was the wine making process but over the years, we have gradually learned to make wine that is an honest expression of the vineyard.’ Yves Grassa, winemaker.
Superbly intense for a dry fruity white, its bouquet reveals floral and citrus aromas with nice touches of tropical fruit. Light and well-balanced, this wine is a thirst-quenching pleasure.
Always have a bottle in the fridge door, just in case…
Storage:
Should be stored upright, in a cool dark place. To enjoy its full potential, drink within one year of bottling.

Chardonnay
Origin:
Gascony, Bas-Armagnac
Grown, produced and bottled by Domaine du Tariquet.
Varieties:

100% Chardonnay.

Serving suggestion:

Serve slightly chilled. Excellent with fish, white meat and cheese.

Tasting notes: 

Chardonnay, top of the leagueThis fine wine offers delicacy, strength and good structure, having fermented and aged in fine-grained French oak barrels. Its subtle bouquet reveals floral notes, fresh butter and hints of vanilla. Fresh and intense at entry, rich flavours then give way to pleasant toasty notes. Shades of vanilla oak underline the Chardonnay’s well-rounded palate and aromatic intensity.
Storage: 
Should be stored upright, in a cool dark place. Will keep for 2 to 3 years.

Sauvignon
Origin:
Gascony, Bas-Armagnac
Grown, produced and bottled by Domaine du Tariquet.
Varieties:
100% Sauvignon
Serving suggestion:
Serve chilled. Excellent with starters such as fish, seafood or white meat.
Tasting notes:Sauvignon, undisputed leader
Gascony’s mild climate offers this grape variety a new range of aromas.
A distinctive bouquet with fine intense floral notes, some minerality, and the underlying suggestion of ripe grapes. Fresh and refined with an attractive intensity. A fine expression of Sauvignon Blanc, this wine is a delight. Quality grapes and a winemaker’s expert touch combined to reach new heights. 
Storage:
Should be stored upright, in a cool dark place. Will keep for 2 years.



To learn All About Tariquet visit  their website:http://www.tariquet.com/

No comments: