CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Interview with Amber Garza



Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I live in California with my amazing husband and my two children – ages 10 and 13. So, as you can imagine it’s pretty crazy around here. I write young adult fiction. My first trilogy consists of Christian thrillers and it is targeted for younger teens/middle grade, and I have a single title suspense novel out, which is geared toward older teens and young adults. Dazzle is the first book in my new mainstream paranormal romance series.

Do you find it hard to juggle writing and parenting?

Up until about 5 months ago I worked part time while the kids were in school. At that time I did find writing challenging, because I was getting home from work while they were getting home from school and I was ready to write. However, they needed help with homework and wanted to spend time with me. I had to learn to find balance – writing late at night, or early mornings, or while they were busy with homework.

When you’re not writing what do you do? Do you have any hobbies or guilty pleasures?

I love to read, obviously. I also sing professionally, so music is a huge love of mine.

Which romance book or series (or other genre, if you don’t write romance) do you wish you had written?

I wish I wrote the Mortal Instrument Series. It’s my fave! And oh, Jace *swoon*
Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?
Sam from Dazzle. I just really connected with him while I wrote his character. He’s a sexy bad boy and very swoon worthy.


If this book is part of a series…what is the next book? Any details you can share?

Shatter is the second book in the series. It starts off right where Dazzle leaves off. Let’s just say there will be lots of explosive Sam and Delaney scenes in that book as well.


Promo
Howling Books and Design

Promo
A Bibliophile's Thoughts on Books

Promo
Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's

Review
Simple Books

Promo
Sara In Bookland

Promo
Stuffed Shelves

Promo
A Dream Within A Dream

Promo 
A Soul Unsung 

Guest Post
Lisa’s World of Books

Promo and review
Books, Books, and More Books

Guest Post
Mom With A Kindle

Interview
Fang-tastic Books

Guest Blog
Roxanne’s Realm

Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

Sapphyria's Book Reviews: 




Dazzle
Book One Delaney’s Gift Series
By Amber Garza

Genre: YA Paranormal

Sixteen-year-old Delaney Scott possesses a special gift. Ever since she was a child, she has known about her calling and the duty she’s expected to fulfill.

However, all Delaney wants is to be normal. That’s why she is drawn to Sam. He can offer her the life she’s always desired. Only Sam has secrets of his own.

Secrets that are deadly. Secrets that can change everything.


About the Author:



Amber Garza lives in California with her amazing husband, and two beautiful children. Amber has had a passion for writing since she was a little girl, making books out of notebook paper and staples. As an adult she has worked hard to make her dream of being a published a reality.



She is the author of Christian teen thrillers- the Prowl Trilogy, and the suspense novel, Engraved.


Dazzle is the first book in her new young adult paranormal romance series.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

Amber Garza said...

Thank you for the wonderful post. :)