Friday, November 2, 2012

Interview with Lilly Cain






Welcome! 

Thanks! J

Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I’ve been writing as Lilly Cain for four years now, with my first book releasing in January 2010. It was a dark, erotic vampire romance story called Dark Harmony. I still love that book. Since then I have written erotic fantasy/paranormal romance, erotic sci-fi romance and contemporary erotic romance. I also write under the name Anne Rose in YA sci-fi and New Adult Sci-fi romance, although I have yet to be published in that area. And as Nancy Cassidy I work as a freelance editor at TheRedPenCoach.com and as an acquiring editor for Etopia Press. As Nancy I am writing a non-fiction book on how to write short fiction. Busy huh? LOL



Are you a mom (or parent)?

I am a mom—I have two awesome daughters who are 9 and 13. I love them to bits. They are like me split in half, one the quiet one and one the party gal (God help me).

If yes do you find it hard to juggle writing and parenting?

Yes, since I am working from home as an author and editor (and soon to be writing coach) I am there for my girls if they need me. The flip side of this is that the younger daughter seems to think that since I am home it is okay to interrupt, and to beg me to play. Since I know that this won’t last forever it isn’t easy to say no, even when deadlines are looming. My older daughter has entered the teen zone and I have to pry her out of her room and away from her computer with a crow-bar. J



When you’re not writing what do you do? Do you have any hobbies or guilty pleasures?

When I am not writing I spend a lot of time with my mother – she has Altzeimers so time is precious. It’s another reason to work from home. When we are together we like to embroider, and to chat. She loves chocolate and coffee as much as I do, but can’t be trusted in the kitchen any more, so I do a lot of cooking for my extended family. Since I enjoy cooking this isn’t really a problem. J Of course I’ll never be skinny this way. LOL

Which romance book or series (or other genre, if you don’t write romance) do you wish you had written?

I wish I had written J.D. Robb’s in Death series. I love the layers of Dallas and Roarke, and the setting, the really not too distant future. And of course it would be wonderful to be that successful!

Is there a genre(s) that you’d like to write that you haven’t tackled yet?

Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

I’d have to say the favorite of my characters if Lena from my very first book, Dark Harmony. She had such a hard life. And in a way she was me as I wrote the book while I was going through my divorce, so maybe it is the feeling of connection there, or maybe it is just that I have this misty feeling about my very first published book that will always be special.

If this book is part of a series…what is the next book? Any details you can share?

No Reservations, my current release, is book one in the Bad Girls Know series of short novellas. It is contemporary erotic romance and follows the story of Alicia who plays the part at being bad for once and goes after the guy that got away from college—both to get even and to have some real fun for once. The next book is called No Restraints, and I am playing with extending the length a little to give me time to show why my heroine is such a bad girl and why she finds it impossible to stay put with one guy until a man from her past figures outs what she really needs. That one is being revised right now before it goes back to Carina. Hopefully they will like what I do to it!

What is next for you? Do you have any scheduled upcoming releases or works in progress?

I just released another short novella, Working on Wicked, the story of a witch who just keeps messing up her magic until one night she calls up a spirit love and gets the next door neighbor instead! It’s a fun little story. As for what I am working on next – I’ll be revising No Restraints, and then finishing a self published book called Claiming Syn. This is an erotic paranormal story that follows up the introduction of the characters from Calling Syn, a short story I published earlier this year in the Demon Lovers: Succubus Anthology. After that I’ll finish my non-fiction book and work on some YA for a change of pace. 




No Reservations
Bad Girls Know Book 1          
Lilly Cain

Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Publisher: Carina Press   

ASIN: B008O53RD0

Number of pages: 44
Word Count: 15,000


Book Description:

Travis Morgan is thrilled to encounter the one woman who's never failed to get his blood pumping. Seeing Alicia Davis again brings it all back: their fierce academic rivalry, and the fact that he never followed through on his erotic fantasies about her.
Alicia can't resist Travis's smoldering sensuality--or the opportunity to finally bed the man who starred in so many of her lustful daydreams in college. Unable to avoid the temptation to best Travis one more time, Alicia plans to submit to one night of pure pleasure and then leave Travis empty-handed and craving more.

When Travis wakes up and realizes Alicia's played him, the gloves are off, and the game heats up as they each try to emerge on top--by whatever means necessary...


Author Bio:

Lilly Cain is a wild woman with a deep throaty laugh, plunging necklines and a great lover of all things sensual - perfume, chocolate, silk! She never has to worry about finding a date or keeping a man in line. She keeps her blond hair long and curly, wears beautiful clothes and loves loud music. Lilly lives her private life in the pages of her books.

Lilly lives in Atlantic Canada, although she spent eight years in Bermuda, enjoying the heat and the pink sands. She returned to her homeland so she could see the changing of the seasons once again. When not writing she paints, swills coffee and vodka (but not together), and fights her writing pals for chocolate.

When not living up to her pen name, Lilly is a single mom who loves reading and writing, dabbling in art and loving and caring for her two daughters. She loves romance and the freedom erotic fantasy provides her imagination. She loves the chilling moments in her novels as much as the steaming hot interludes. Her stories are an escape and a release, and she hopes that they can give you that power, too.

www.lillycain.com

www.twitter.com/LillyCain

www.facebook.ca/Lilly_Cain

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3345994.Lilly_Cain

No comments: