CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 7, 2012

Guest blog with Jacoba Dorothy


The first few moments ….

Yikes!

 Is the first word that came to mind, the minute my publisher sent an email saying my book, Reflections was up on Amazon, and should be visible within the next twelve hours.
Well I checked on the hour, every hour, until she arrived—looking all glam, in her pretty colours on her own Amazon page. What a moment that was. I think it was about quarter to five in the morning. After looking at it, all bleary eyed, for at least twenty minutes, and jumping up and down in my seat. I decided I probably needed to tell someone. So onto Facebook I went. Within seconds I had responses from a whole gamut of lovely friends who have supported me the whole way, offering lots of words of congratulations, and lots of shares. My book seemed to be everywhere I looked that day. Facebook, blogs, texts, emails.

A heady experience, indeed!!

And although the normality of what I’d done eventually sank in, as I realised I wasn’t alone, and that thousands before me had done the same thing. I still couldn’t shake the pride I felt, and most days still can’t.

Every moment someone mentions my book, or I see a review or even just a message from a friend that’s read it, and wants to congratulate me. It all makes this such a special experience. And I’m so grateful that I’ve had this opportunity.
I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Here are some links:





Book Trailer for Reflections: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNCvAS5HXio




November 30 Guest blog
Reviewing in Chaos   

December 2 Interview
Fang-tastic Books

December 3 Promo
Cover2CoverBlog

December 4 Guest blog
All Things Paranormal

December 5 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

December 6 Guest blog
Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

December 7 Guest blog
The Creatively Green Write at Home mom

December 9 Promo

December 11 Interview
Books in the Hall -  

December 12 Promo
Sapphyria's Book Reviews

December 13 Interview and promo
JeanzBookReadNReview    

December 14 Guest blog
Lisa’s World of Books



Reflections
Eternal Curse Series Book One
Jacoba Dorothy

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Publisher: Taylor Street Books

ISBN: 13: 978-1480058040
ASIN:   B009NY724G

Number of pages: 272
Word Count: 74,621

Cover Artist: Tim Hewtson



Book Description: 

Jo doesn’t know why she inherited a magical ring.

She doesn’t know why her father abandoned her when she was a baby, or the truth about her mother’s death.

Jo doesn’t know a lot about her past. But she’s about to find out.

Nearing her eighteenth birthday, she’s about to discover what really happened to her father all those years ago.

She’s on a new path, a path including her first love, a path that will lead to the truth about a family secret held for generations.

Jo’s about to face her first real challenge. ‘Reflections’ part one, is just the beginning.

About the Author:


Jacoba Dorothy lives in Canberra, the bush capital of Australia. She is the mother of two and works part time teaching children with English as an additional language. Most days she can be found bashing away at the computer, either writing, editing, reviewing great books or face-booking. Oh and of course balancing her time to make sure she give special attention to her husband and family.



The Eternal Curse trilogy is her debut series, the second in the series, Shadows, should be released later this year. And the third installment, sometime next year. 




a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

Jacoba Dorothy said...

Thanks for having me for a guest post, it was a lot of fun.
Cheers J

Breana M. said...

This book sounds so interesting. I’m a fan of the paranormal genre, so, thanks for the chance to win this book! :)