CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Interview with Alison Beigtol for Blood Betrayl


First of all, thank you so much for hosting me!!

Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I’m kind of boring. I lead a normal life with my daughter Madeline, who is 10. I am engaged to a wonderful guy who is also an author, Scott Baker. I have an awesome boxer dog and I want to adopt another as a friend for her. I love silly jokes and still watch cartoons. The house I live in is haunted but the ghost is quite friendly. 

Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

My latest release, Blood Betrayal, is a vampire paranormal romance. It is about a very self-involved vampire who wants a companion but has no clue about modern women or even how to date. Basically he sees women as a beautiful meal and a one night stand. His search doesn’t go as he thinks it should and he ends up learning a lot about himself and love.

Are you a mom (or parent)? 

I am. I have a 10 year old daughter named Madeline.

If yes do you find it hard to juggle writing and parenting? 

Oh boy, do I! I feel guilty because I think she sees the time I take to write as time away from her. Especially because I work full time.


Is there a genre(s) that you’d like to write that you haven’t tackled yet?

I would love to write historical fiction. Maybe a historical paranormal/urban fantasy, if that is even a genre!

Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

I’m very found of my main character in Blood Betrayal, Eamon Rutherford but I developed a fascination for the villain in the sequel. 

If this book is part of a series…what is the next book? Any details you can share?

This release is the first in the series. The second is due to be released in early summer of 2013. I’m working on the third right now. The second book was very easy for me to write. The idea came to me and then inspiration hit big time. I did all kinds of extensive historical research for my villain, too. He is a real figure from history and is quite notorious. The interesting thing is that he filled me with all kinds of guilt while writing him because I worried about people thinking that I was somehow trying to glorify him or make him attractive, which isn’t the case. I’ll be very interested to see how that book is received.

What is next for you? Do you have any scheduled upcoming releases or works in progress? 

Like I mentioned, the sequel to Blood Betrayal, Blood of New Beginnings will be released in early summer.



December 17 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

December 19 Feature
Victoria Danann 

December 23 Promo
Lisa's World of Books

December 27 Interview 
Books & Other Spells. 

December 29 Interview
Creatively Green

December 31 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books

January 2 Interview and review
Paranormal Book Club !!!

January 6 Guest blog
Reading Between the Wines

January 7 Guest blog and review
The Book Nympho

January 8 Promo and review
Paranormal Opinion

January 9 Interview and review
Little Read Riding Hood

January 10 Guest blog and review
Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess

January 11 Promo
SMARTMOUTHTEXAN

January 12 Promo

January 12 review
For The Love Of Film And Novels

January 13 Guest blog
Reginamayross's Blog

January 14 review
Cloey's Book Reviews and Other Stuff

January 15 Interview and Feature
Bewitching Book Tours Magazine





Blood Betrayal
Book 1 in The Primigenio Tales
Alison Beightol

Genre: Paranormal Romance/Dark fantasy

Publisher: Charles River Press/ Cambridge Press US

EBook ISBN 13: 978-1-936185-83-2
Paperback ISBN 13: 978-1-936185-82-5

Number of pages: 384
Word Count: 98,000

Cover Artist: Laurie Mc Adams

Book Description:

Being the world’s oldest vampire, Eamon Rutherford has enjoyed women throughout the ages as beautiful meals and one night stands. That is until Eamon decides to find a mate and settle down. His less-than-perfect choice is temperamental ballerina Lauryl Mellis. When Lauryl escapes from him in London, Eamon discovers that true commitment requires him to love another more than himself. As he struggles with his inner awakening and Lauryl’s rejection, Lauryl is busy planning her own special event, which might include the death of Eamon Rutherford.

About the Author: 
Alison Beightol works as a registered nurse but also studied history and theatre at the University of Florida. For as long as she can remember, she has had an affinity for vampire stories, romance, and gothic tales that keep her up at night.  Blood Betrayal: Book One of the Primigenio Tales is her first novel. Alison lives in a haunted house in rural north Florida where she is putting the final touches on book two of the Primigenio Tales: Blood of New Beginnings.



a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

Alison Beightol said...

Thanks for hosting me today on your blog! Happy New Year!