CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jabin and the Space Pirates Guest Blog by Bev Allen



February 11 Guest blog
Lisa’s World of Books

February 12 Spotlight
Secret Southern Couture, 

February 13 Spotlight and review
My Home Away From Home – 

February 16 Review
Reviews by Martha's Bookshelf

February 17 Interview
Fang-tastic Books

February 18 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

February 20 review
All Fantasy Worlds – 

February 21 Interview
Books & Other Spells. 

February 22 Interview
Laurie's Non-Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews  

February 24 Guest blog
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

February 25 Spotlight

February 25 review
Apocalypse Mama



Crazy As a Bucket Full of Frogs

Remember that movie, the one where the kid says “I see dead people”? I never had much sympathy, all he had to do was shut his eyes and he couldn’t see them.
I on the other hand, do not see dead people, I hear voices. There is a cast of hundreds living in my head and they are all jostling to get to the front. If I close my eyes, they all keep louder.

Before you reach for the phone, let me explain.

 I am an author and as crazy as the confined amphibians referred to above. Once I was just a little girl with imaginary friends, then I was one of those teenagers who is distant and preoccupied, both acceptable as far as society is concerned, but then I grew up.
What does an adult with a head full of people and their stories do? Apart from listen to them, that is. I do not recommend this, I really, really don’t.  If you listen you get to the checkout and find instead of the bread and milk you went in for, you have a basket containing smoked oysters in oil and a packet of toffee waffles.

You try making lunch for picky kids with smoked oysters. They can be mouthy little rotters when they think they are being poisoned.

What I needed was a place for the voices to go, so I wrote a book and that cleared out a fair number of them. A couple more and there was space to listen to the ones left. And those ones sounded different, they sounded like people others might like to meet.
So I wrote another book and eventually the lovely people at Taylor Street said they thought other people would like to my voices and they would help get them heard.
Everything was fine until I came home with a silicone cupcake tin and a packet of firelighters…the kids were excited about the cupcake thing until they discovered there was, once again, no bread for sandwiches.



Jabin and the Space Pirates
Bev Allen


Taylor Street Books

Amazon     Kindle 

In the space colony of New Wales, the pirate attacks are both relentless and merciless

Having lost both his parents, Jabin has been adopted by his austere and spiteful uncle and aunt who live in the space colony of New Wales which is riven with religious and political rivalry, and prey to the vicious maraudings of pirates whose cruelty and greed are beyond all imagination.

When Jabin volunteers to surrender himself to a pirate raiding party to save a friend, he does so believing that nothing can be worse than his current suffering.

 However, he is soon to discover that things can always get worse when the stakes are high, the rewards are vast and slave labour is there for the taking.

When the King of New Wales is assassinated, the colony threatens to collapse into total anarchy, leaving the pirates free reign to mutilate, kill and profit as they will, but the forces of law and order sent out from Earth are getting ready to fight back, and Jabin could have a vital part to play in the ensuing war if he can only stay alive.

No comments: