CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 3, 2013

Interview with Lisa Mondello and a Kindle Freebie


Please welcome Lisa Mondello to The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom.

Hello, Lisa. Are you a mom?  

I raised four kids.

If yes do you find it hard to juggle writing and parenting?

Carefully.  It used to be easier to make time when they were younger, believe it or not.  The kids would go to bed and I’d have a few hours of quiet at night to write.  Now that they’re all adults and can drive, it’s the opposite.  Everyone is on a different schedule and come and go at different times.  The house is in constant chaos from sun up to well past sundown.  So I have to write in short bursts throughout the day.  I find it helps to actually leave the house and write at a diner or at the library.  The Laundromat has been very productive for me as well.

**Have you ever based your book or characters on actual events or people from your own life?

All my books are work of fiction, but I think it’s nearly impossible not to inject something from your personal life into character traits or locations.  My husband’s personality seems to catch me off guard when I’m rereading some of my stories.  Funny things with my kids seem to make it into my stories.  But for the most part, it’s all fiction.  The only exception that I can really think of is The More I See.  While that is truly a work of fiction, it was inspired by my friend Diane, who had been blind for about 8 years and had the aid of a beautiful service dog named Otis.  Otis made it into The More I See.

**What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

Oh, my.  Hmm, that I’m addicted to coffee?  No.  That I’m a huge Elton John fan?  I think that’s common knowledge by now.  That I used to manage a Boston rock band?  I think I’ve pretty much told everyone that, too.  Oh, here’s one.  I’m terrified of horses.  I love them.  Absolutely love seeing them in motion.  Always have.  Get me within 10 feet of a horse and my heart starts pounding out of my chest and I break out into a sweat.  I enjoy my love of horses through my stories only.  I’ve written about horses many, many times but that’s as far as I go.  One day I’d love to conquer that fear.



**Is there a genre(s) that you’d like to write that you haven’t tackled yet?

I’ve always wanted to write fantasy and alternate realities.  I’m actually trying my hand at that now by writing a new adult fantasy called Random Soldiers: The Lords of Dudleytown.  There’s so much legend and adventure that goes into this story and I’m having a lot of fun with it.

**Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

It’s so hard to pick one.  Each of the characters I write I’ve come to know and love.  They all have something that I admire.  Stoney Buxton has his dedication to his family and his stubborn way that has actually made him one of the best bull riders in the country and has shaped the man he is.  His love lady, Melanie Summers, is determined to a fault.  She gets in her own way but learns a lot about herself.  In fact, I find that I tend to write those strong, stubborn heroine’s a lot.  They’re not “yes, dear” women.  They know what they want and they go out and get it.  Lord help the heroes who fall in love with them.

**If this book is part of a series…what is the next book? Any details you can share?

Actually, all 5 of the books in LOVE ME SOME COWBOY have connecting books that follow them.  For book 1, NOTHING BUT TROUBLE, there isn’t a book that is connected in the series, but there is a character in NOTHING BUT TROUBLE who I just fell in love with an had to give him his own book.  When I started my Texas Hearts series, I introduced Mitch Broader again in Her Heart for the Asking.  It didn’t matter to me that he’d already appeared in NOTHING BUT TROUBLE in Wyoming and this book was set in Texas.  I really didn’t think readers would make the connection.  But they did.  So I Mitch Broader’s story is HIS HEART FOR THE TRUSTING, book 2 of Texas Hearts.  If you love Mitch in NOTHING BUT TROUBLE, make sure you check out HIS HEART FOR THE TRUSTING.

**What is next for you? Do you have any scheduled upcoming releases or works in progress?

There is always something in the works for me.  I’m always working on multiple projects.  It’s just the way my brain works.  I’m finishing up Book 5 of Texas Hearts right now.  That’s called LEAVING LIBERTY and I’m hoping to have that book released sometime in June.  I’m also working on a new series called DAKOTA HEARTS which will feature the McKinnons of South Dakota.  I’m hoping to have those books out starting mid-summer.






May 28 Spotlight
Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

May 29 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair.  

May 30 review
Whit's Book World, 

May 31 Guest blog
Roxanne’s Realm

June 3 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

June 4 Guest blog
Butterfly-o-Meter Books

June 5 Spotlight
Musings From An Addicted Reader

June 5 review
DEB SANDERS

June 7 Spotlight
Fang-tastic Books

June 10 Guest blog and review
Urban Girl Reader 

June 10 Spotlight and review
Darker Passions.  

June 11 Interview and review
Shut Up & Read 








Love Me Some Cowboy
Lisa Mondello, Jean Brashear, Day LeClaire, Ginger Chambers, Barbara McMahon

Genre: Contemporary Romantic Suspense

ISBN: 978-1-939925-03-9

Book Description:

Who can resist a tough, rugged cowboy?  Not these feisty, determined women! 

Five full-length novels at a steal of a price!

In Nothing But Trouble by USAToday Bestselling Author Lisa Mondello, city girl Melanie Summers must spend an  entire month alone in the Wyoming wilderness with sexy rodeo cowboy, Stoney Buxton, without getting into trouble.  Possible?   Not a chance in the world! 

USAToday Bestselling Author Jean Brashear adds Lone Star flavor with Texas Secrets.  Boone Gallagher returns to the only home he's ever known only to find it's been willed to a sexy stranger who's intent on leaving.  He must keep her there for thirty days or it will be lost to them both. 

Love romantic reunion stories?  Then much-loved Harlequin author Barbara McMahon has the perfect book for you!  Crazy About a Cowboy brings you Sam and Lisa Haller, who divorced for all the wrong reasons.  Now Sam wants his ex-wife back for all the right ones. 

Once Upon a Cowboy by Day Leclaire, author of the wildly popular Dante's Legacy series, introduces Cami, a lovable, greenhorn spitfire determined to become a cowboy, despite the objections of her sexy rancher boss. 

And last, but far from least, beloved Dell and Harlequin author Ginger Chambers offers a heartwarming treat with Love, Texas, in which Cassie Edwards returns to the hometown she'd forsaken to negotiate the sale of land belonging to the Taylor family. Hard-working rancher Will Taylor, once her girlhood crush, is all man now and fighting hard to save his heritage. When attraction flares, will true love triumph?

 What Readers Are Saying About These Authors:

"Emotional depth and situations that tore at my heart. This is exactly what I want from a romance." (about Ginger Chambers, Love, Texas)

"I can never get enough of Day Leclaire's novels. It's all about the characters, and these are especially lovable, funny, and heartwarming ... not to mention sexy. I really identified with Cami's act-first, think-later personality. Adorable!" (about Day Leclaire, Once Upon a Cowboy)

"A great story about second chances at love. A hunky cowboy and a feisty cowgirl and a cute little boy to round off this romance." (about Barbara McMahon, Crazy About a Cowboy)

"I really enjoyed this, er, literary foreplay. I knew that when these two finally made love, they wouldn't just be going through the motions—there were going to be some fireworks....Jean Brashear is a terrific discovery for me." (about Jean Brashear, Texas Secrets)

" Loved this book so much I didn't put it down till I was finished. Highly recommended for a very good read. “ (about Lisa Mondello, Nothing But Trouble)


@onfirefiction

Lisa Mondello is giving away a free ebook. 

Her Heart for the Asking is FREE 

Grab it from Amazon or Smashwords



1 comment:

Linda Barrett said...

Thanks for being so candid about your writing process. I'm fascinated that you can have several projects going at once. You're either really organized or you like chaos!

I hear you about the horses. They're awfully big once you get up close :)