CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 8, 2013

Interview with Cristiane Serruya



Cristiane Serruya lives in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with her husband and two teenage daughters. She majored in Fine Arts and Law, and has a Master in Business Law. She is also specialized in cases of sexual abuse and violence against children and women. She worked as a full-time lawyer from 1991 to 2010.
She is widely traveled, having lived and studied in England, France, Italy and Switzerland and, of course, in Brazil.
After twenty-two years of practicing law, Cristiane decided to give writing a go. And - amazingly - it was just the piece that was missing in her life. 

Welcome! 
Hello there. Thanks for hosting me in your amazing blog. I’m so happy to be here with you today. :)
1. Are you a mom?
Oh, yes! I have two amazing teenage daughters. The oldest one is 14, and the youngest has 11 year old. Raphaela, the oldest one, is addicted to reading, like me, and was the first person I told I was thinking in writing a book.
But... Guess what? She looked at me for a whole minute, open mouthed. After recovering from the shock, she asked: “Who is going to read your book, Mommy?” LOL - See how much encouragement and support she gave me?
It depressed me for a few days, but then I noticed I love a challenge and that if no one read my book, I would have done it. And that what was important in that moment. I’m shy and I knew that seriously publishing a book, would put me under the spotlight, even if just a little bit.
When she saw my project was important to me, she began to tell her friends about it and, one day,  when I was re-writing a scene with Sophia and Gabriela, she was in my office and said I should not change it, because it was “a-ma-zing” - her words - and started encouraging me to publish the book. It was the push I needed.
2. If yes, do you find it hard to juggle writing and parenting?
Sometimes. When I was in the middle of the writing process, it was almost impossible to dedicate myself to my family as much I would like to. When the first two books were finished, I start to spend more time with them to compensate. It’s like any other job. My daughters understand that I have to work, as any other mother in this modern world. Now, the third book is starting again to take me out of balance, but as it’s almost all planned I think I’ll be easier. Well, Ethan, Alistair and Sophia are very domineering characters and sometimes they make demands to change this or that scene… Oh, boy. Specially, Ethan. He is soooo jealous.
3. Have you ever based your book or characters on actual events or people from your own life?
Yes. I wouldn’t say my characters have blue prints, but I can say that I have mixed in my cauldron a few personalities and came out with them. 
There’s a lot of me in Sophia - and also in Gabriela. For example: I could read when I was three year old and I enter Law School when I was fifteen year old. I’m totally afraid of butterflies. Fortunately I’m still married with my dear husband. Well… it should be a secret but I had a friend who had experienced a very similar situation to Sophia and Gabriel’s, her late first husband, when he was kidnapped.
Ethan is so like so many deranged and troubled people who infest our world today. He’s the fruit of horrible parents, who, one way or another, profoundly hurt their offspring because they are selfish, criminally negligent or perverted.
And Alistair, is as those so many abuse and betrayed men. This may come as a shock, but many men are abused by women and are harshly ruined in mind and soul.
I also used my experience in traveling to describe some places that appears in my books. 
4. When you’re not writing what do you do? Do you have any hobbies or guilty pleasures?
I would love to have more spare time. It’s hard to find some while being a part-time lawyer, an almost full-time writer, a full-time mother and a wife of a a very tall and big husband. But, when I find it, I like to go to museums, I work-out and I ride. I also an avid reader, and I read at least two books per week. Don’t ask when I sleep, because I don’t know that myself. 
5. If this book is part of a series… what is the next book? Any details you can share?
TRUST: BETRAYED is the second installment of the TRUST trilogy. The first one was TRUST: A NEW BEGINNING, and the next is in the oven. It will be out by the end of the year and will be called TRUST: PANDORA’S BOX.
Mmm... What can I tell you about Pandora’s Box? Many things will occur, many demons will be freed to create havoc in the lives of Ethan, Sophia and Alistair.
Ethan is having an affair with a woman that I would call a generic Sophia. Barbara, this woman that is so similar that could be her sister, will fall in love with him. But, as he is in love with Sophia, the only woman that has understood his deep issues and touched his heart, he is going to dismiss her. Problems in the horizon...
Alistair and Sophia are going to have many, many problems, until the end of the book, where I promise you that I will give you a happily ever after.
I’m not talking much, because I don’t want to ruin the surprise. I’m not a spoiler.
6. What book are you reading now?
I’m re-reading Kafka’s The Metamorphosis and A Country Doctor for a course I’m doing online called The Fiction of Relationship, in Brow University and a biography of Hannah Arendt. I want to read some romances too, but my time is short at this moment and Ethan, Sophia and Alistair are kicking and screaming for me to end their story.
7. What is in your to read pile?
•            Rick Riordan’s books, that my daughter keeps telling me is the second best author in the whole world - LOL - she thinks I’m the first, and no, she hasn’t read the TRUST trilogy, but she had read THE MODERN MAN, a philosophical book.
•            Gena Showalter’s and Kresley Cole’s last releases.
Thank you for the opportunity to share my work and thoughts, and for helping me promoting my book. Hearing from readers is very important to me. It always helps me to do a better job. So, I want to invite everybody to leave a message on my website “www.cristianeserruya.com.br” or her. I’m happy to comment or answer my readers and your bloggers questions.

July 2 Guest blog
Krystal's Enchanting Reads ... 

July 3 Guest blog
C.W. Book Reviews 
@ The House of Malfunction

July 3 Spotlight
A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books

July 4 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

July 5 Spotlight
Elfie Books

July 8 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

July 9 Guest blog
Escape Into A Book

July 10 Spotlight
Fang-tastic Books

July 12 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair

July 15 Spotlight
Fandom Fanatic

July 19 interview
Romance with Flavor

July 22 Interview

July 23 Guest blog and review

July 24 Spotlight
Cover Reveals 

July 25 Spotlight
Lisa’s World of Books

July 26 Guest blog
Romance Novels in Color, 

July 29 Spotlight and review
Faerie Tale Books

July 30 review
book boyfriend reviews  

July 31 Spotlight and review
Mila Ramos




Trust: Betrayed
Trust Trilogy Book Two
Cristiane Serruya

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

ISBN: 1482586479 
ISBN13: 9781482586473

Number of pages: 551 pages
Word Count: 137.903

Cover Artist: Renata Fontanive

Book Description:

Alistair and Sophia have found each other. Their hearts are opening to love again and they are set to have their 'happily ever after'. Or so it seems. 

BETRAYED, the second installment of the Trust series, journeys back into the past to reveal their secrets and dark deeds. 

Sophia, the ravishing owner of Leibowitz Oil, is determined to have a relationship with Alistair, but a dark and terrible secret lurks beneath the surface she presents to the world. Will she be able to find peace within herself?

Alistair, a powerful banker, is in love with Sophia but has difficulties overcoming his guilt over his daughter's death and his BDSM proclivities. Certain that he doesn't deserve to be loved, he will do everything to push Sophia away, despite his love for her. Will he be able to find redemption? 

Ethan, a steel tycoon, no less haunted by his secrets and lies, is still in love with Sophia after their short lived relationship. He now lives in an alternate reality he has created, because the loss of Sophia is too unbearable to face. He will pay any price to have her. Will he have her back in his arms or will he overcome his loss and move on?

Sophia, Ethan and Alistair will need to overcome their guilt, fear and pain and learn to see themselves through forgiving eyes. 

Or will they succumb to their misery?



Trust : A New Beginning
Trust Trilogy Book One
Cristiane Serruya

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

ISBN 13: 978-1480236295

Number of pages: 464


Book Description:

They are beautiful. They are rich. They are strong willed and successful. They have everything, but love. And each one of them has a dark secret looming in their past.

Sophia is a 25 year old Brazilian widow. Intelligent and ravishing, she flees from her own country after a tragic incident. Hiding from everyone and everything, she remains alone, torn between the love for a dead man, the torment of living without part of her memory and the fear of moving on. 

Ethan is one of the most important tycoons in the steel industry. As the memory of an awful evening in his adolescence haunts him night and day, he keeps looking for an elusive woman whom he could love - and who would love him - as he never has in all his 35 years... Until he finds Sophia. 

Alistair is a 34 year old powerful banker, searching for one–night stands with women who will warm his bed. And that he can punish physically to abate his anger for his late wife's black deeds and his own guilt for being such a debauched man for so many years. Any woman will do, and he has many to choose from, as they all fall instantly for his manly, devilish charming ways.

In Europe, in the months after October 2009, their paths will cross and clash. Who will win the prize of love?

About the Author:

I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with my husband and two daughters. I'm a lawyer, who specializes in cases of sexual abuse and violence against children and women. I also have a Masters in Business Law and a BA in Fine Arts. 

I've always loved to read, write and listen to music. I lived and studied in England, France, Italy and Switzerland. Traveling is one of my passions - as is keeping fit and healthy. 

After twenty-two years of practicing law, I decided to give writing a go. And - amazingly - it was just the piece that was missing in my life.

1 comment:

Mariana Oliveira said...

I loved the first book. I'm going to buy the second one right now. :)