CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 25, 2013

Interview- Effie’s Outlaw by Karen Lopp


Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I am a SAHM with an empty nest, I love to read, especially Westerns, which is why my first several books have been set in the same era I enjoy getting lost in. My husband just got his pilot’s license and I look forward to the inspiration travelling will give me!

Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

Effie’s Outlaw is about a Boston heiress who ends up kidnapped by a gang out in the Arizona Territory. Her only help comes from the man who took her. Alex, a US Deputy, is working undercover to discover who is supplying information to the gang. With the arrival of Effie he must change his plans and together they seek a way out.

Are you a mom (or parent)?

Yes, I have three grown children, all married now and a grandbaby on the way. So all the wedding planning is over and now the spoiling can begin!

If yes do you find it hard to juggle writing and parenting?

Not now, but sometimes I still have to remind them that mom is busy and can’t come out to play. Although a good day of shopping with my daughters is therapeutic when I’ve hit a day of writers block.

Have you ever based your book or characters on actual events or people from your own life?

No, but some of my ideas do come from the stories my grandmother wrote down about her parents’ life. It is pretty incredible the hardships our fore-fathers and mothers had to overcome as they moved out West.

Is there a theme or message in your work that you would like readers to connect to?

Be strong in the face of adversity. That is a short answer I know, but I’d like to think it is the common theme for all of my books. I admire people who are able to rise above and fight the hard fight for what they believe in or want.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

I homeschooled all three of my children, K-12. This was back before there were terms such as “un-schooling”, my husband’s job transferred us a lot and I wanted my kids to have a solid, continuous education. Now one daughter is looking into starting a business, the other is an ALS interpreter for kids and my son is an accountant. 

When you’re not writing what do you do? Do you have any hobbies or guilty pleasures?

I eat dark chocolate, all the time, even when my son-in-law tells me it is bad for me! I just laugh and tell him the diet Pepsi he drinks every day is worse for him. I’m also in the midst of remodeling our first rent home for my daughter and SIL, (and the new baby!)

Is there a genre(s) that you’d like to write that you haven’t tackled yet?

I think a fantasy book would be fun to write. You can build a completely new world just how you want it. I also think it would kind of hard to keep all the “rules” of my world straight, which is why I haven’t done it, yet!

Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

Kathleen Barns, from my first novel. Her character is based on the strength of my grandmother who faced many challenges and overcame them all. She never gave up and she’s still going strong at 100 years old!

What is next for you? Do you have any scheduled upcoming releases or works in progress?

Nothing scheduled at this moment, but I have another Western mostly done and have decided to branch out into the suspense market. I have one MS completed and in the last polish phase and another partially done.
October 21 Interview
Deb Sanders

October 22 Spotlight
Book Suburbia 

October 23 Spotlight
Black Words-White Pages

October 23 Spotlight
Musings and Ramblings   

October 24 Interview
Dalene’s Book Reviews

October 25 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

October 28 Spotlight
Roxanne’s Realm

October 29 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair.  

October 30 Spotlight
Stephanie's Book Shelf

October 31 Guest blog
Mythical Books

November 1 Guest blog
Mochas, Mysteries and More

November 1 Guest Post
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind

November 4 Interview
Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews

November 4 Spotlight
Mila Ramos





Effie’s Outlaw
Karen Lopp

Genre: Historical Western Romance

Publisher: SoulMate Publishing

Cover Artist: Devon

Book Description:

Boston heiress, Effie Sheridan, takes matters into her own hands when her fortune is being stolen. The last thing she expects is to be kidnapped by a gang of train robbers. Forced to pretend to be an outlaw's lover to stay alive, she questions her sanity when she is drawn to the gruff, yet charming bandit who risks everything to save her.

U.S. Deputy, Alex Marshall is mad enough to spit nails when the beautiful, city-bred girl lands in his arms. Unable to abandon her to the cruelties of the gang, he searches for a way out of the responsibility. But her courage and sweet kisses begin to chip away at the bitterness inside his heart and he must choose between revenge on the gang that slaughtered everyone he loved or redemption for saving a women he can never have. 


About the Author:

Steeped in a rich family history, Karen Lopp has always been drawn to the courageous lives of the women who lived through the hardships of the past and triumphed.

A transplant from Oklahoma where she grew up on a farm just one mile away from where her great-grandparents settled in the land run, Karen now lives in the enchanted land of New Mexico and has a running competition with her dad on who can grow the tallest hollyhocks. Books and tales of ancestors were staples in her life and she fell in love with history. Enthralled with the short stories her grandmother wrote and passed down, she took the plunge (with encouragement from hubby and kids) into the world of writing.  Her inspiration comes from research into her family tree and their interesting lives.








a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

Karen Lopp said...

Thank you for having me here today.

Joanne Guidoccio said...

Excellent interview! I also find retail therapy to be a quick pick-me-upper.

Best of luck with Effie's Outlaw. Intriguing storyline!

Violetta Rand said...

Hello Karen, great cover and interview... Good luck on the tour.

Karen Lopp said...

@Joanne Thanks! That and chocolate, can't beat it!

Karen Lopp said...

@violetta Thank you :)

Donna Shields said...

Great interview! It's on my TBR list.