CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Interview with Angela Stephens


Tell us a little about your latest or upcoming release.

I found the inspiration for One Last Dance when I passed by a dance studio on my way home from work. Though I have two left feet, (or maybe especially because of this) I wanted to set a story in this world of professional dancers, which seemed like such a cutthroat and competitive field.

Tango itself is also a sensual and beautiful form of dance so I thought it would make an interesting story to have a romance story where dance is a main set-piece. I really want to transport readers into this world with this book and I hope that I’ve accomplished that!

Have you ever based your book or characters on actual events or people from your own life?

Yes, I do this all the time. I don’t usually base characters entirely off of people I know, but I do pick and choose traits from people I know and put them into characters. Although, Cindy, the real estate agent that takes Darren, Wayne and Sophie apartment hunting is actually based off of a real rental agent.

Is there a theme or message in your work that you would like readers to connect to?

I think in this particular story, I want readers to know that passion is not about how well you can do something, it is about how you feel while doing it.

When you’re not writing what do you do? Do you have any hobbies or guilty pleasures?

I love love love baking. Unfortunately, after I bake a ton of things, I have to eat them too and I’m supposed to be on a diet. I enjoy eating my baked goodies too, but I think I’m just addicted to the baking process, otherwise I wouldn’t be baking absurd amounts of goodies.

Is there a genre(s) that you’d like to write that you haven’t tackled yet?

I think it’d be really fun to write a paranormal romance. I love the idea of a hidden world around us with all sorts of magical creatures. I just haven’t gotten around to really thinking about what story I want to write within this genre though.

Of all the characters you’ve ever written, who is your favorite and why?

I really enjoyed writing Darren in this story. Even though he’s not one of the main characters he’s really such a sweetheart. He is always by Sophie’s side and rooting for her to win. A girl has to have good friends like that.


October 1 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

October 1 Spotlight
Lis Les Livres

October 2 Spotlight
Reviewing in Chaos

October 2 review
Booker like a Hooker 

October 3 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

October 3 Spotlight
Book2Buzz  -  

October 4 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair  

October 7 Guest blog
Victoria's Gossip

October 7 Spotlight
Book Suburbia

October 8 Spotlight and review
Shut Up & Read 

October 8 review
Storm Goddess Book Reviews

October 9 Guest blog
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind – 

October 10 Guest blog and review
Urban Girl Reader 

October 11 Guest blog
Ramblings From This Chick

October 14 Spotlight and review
Ramblings of a Book Lunatic

October 14 review
Escape Into A Book

October 15 Guest blog
Books Books and More Books




One Last Dance
Angela Stephens

Genre: Mature New Adult

Date of Publication: 9/23/2013

Number of pages: ~250
Word Count: 70,000


Book Description:

“One dance, that’s all I’m asking for.”

Dreams don’t come true. That’s one thing that Sophie Becker knows for certain. Sophie spent the first nineteen years of her life dedicated to her dream of becoming a dancer, but when an injury ends her career as a performer, she struggles to find an anchor.

Now, a few years later, Sophie has tried to move on by opening a dance studio in the heart of Manhattan. She thinks she can hide from her pain, but it’s impossible in the face of daily reminders of the opportunities she has lost.

One night, a mysterious stranger walks into her studio, threatening to tear down the facade she has worked so hard to build up. Henry Medina is the reclusive CEO of Medina Properties and has a troubled past of his own. Henry is cocky, handsome and all he wants is to dance with Sophie.

When a dance becomes more than just a dance, will Sophie be able to handle the intense emotions that he stirs up? Will Henry reignite the passion in Sophie’s heart and heal her soul or will he leave her more broken than she was when he found her?

About the Author

Angela Stephens is the author of the Beautifully Broken series and the soon to be released New Adult novel "One Last Dance". Angela enjoys reading stories about bad boy heroes falling for funny heroines with big hearts.

In her spare time, she can be usually found baking, knitting or curled up with her e-reader at the beach.



No comments: