CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Deleted Scene from Primani by Laurie Olerich


This is a deleted scene from the very first draft of Primani. I pulled this out when I cut the first five chapters. Scott may seem a minor character, but his existence is the catalyst to changing Mica’s fate completely and that is hugely important! This scene shows their hot and cold summer before he lost his mind. When you read the book, you’ll totally understand.
Summer was almost over. I was putting the finishing touches on my make up when Ricki walked in. We were on the way to pick up Dani and meet the guys at Pizza Ono. I hoped Scott would be there. I was flirting with Scott off and on all summer and was getting frustrated with him. He was hot and cold. He was annoying. He was hot. He still hadn’t asked me out.  We usually ran into each other someplace. Half the time he ignored me and half the time he tried to get me alone for a hook-up. I was not amused. I have no intention of hooking up with him. He’s keeping me off balance and that was pissing me off. So I’ve started fighting fire with kerosene. We’ll just have to see who blinks first.
On the other hand, I was really missing Marc and there was no way to see him. Lately, he wasn’t even calling me. I was starting to get depressed about him. It all seemed so hard and I was the only one trying. Was it really that hard for him to send me a text once in a while? Geez. SO, I was flirting with someone else. Someone else who apparently doesn’t think I’m hot since he hasn’t asked me out. I gritted my teeth and mumbled under my breath. Idiots!
“Let’s get outta here! I am so bored!” Ricki was impatiently pacing in front of mirror.
 Three hours later, we were sitting around a campfire on the beach. The night was clear and still. We were looking at the stars and making up names for them. Dark and calm, the lake stretched in front of us. The opposite shore was invisible from here. Dani had dragged her man, Rick, along. They’d been together a lot lately. Dani was like a candle every time Rick was near. I thought he was just screwing around with her, but he seemed to really like her. They were snuggled up pretty close. Ricki threw a can of beer to me. It was my third one and my limit. I was a lightweight. Ricki was finishing her fourth. That was her limit. We partied but we weren’t stupid. We didn’t want to end up with some loser guy--too dangerous. By the end of the night, Scott and his crew rolled up in his truck. He drove a tricked out 4x4 that all the guys envied. He also rode a motorcycle. In my dad’s mind, that made him dangerous. In my mind, that made him 100 percent more attractive. I itched for a ride, but he hadn’t offered.
“You guys sharing?” Scott pointed at the cooler.
Rick said, “Sure, there’s like two left in there.” He wasn’t offering to go get more. We were done for the night.
Dani checked the time and groaned. “We’ve got to go.” She was already grabbing her things. Ricki followed her lead.
“Yeah, I have to work tomorrow.” she added a snort at the end.
I was the only one who didn’t want to go. Scott just got there! With a frustrated sigh, I agreed and got up too. Scott ambled over to me and stood too close. He was drunk already and swayed into me. I took a step back. He reached out and grabbed my wrist. He gripped it a little too hard and I yanked my hand back with a hiss.
He sneered and held up his hands in mock surrender. “Hey, sorry, babe. I thought you were friendly. My mistake.”  He looked at his friends for support. They all laughed with him.
“You’re such a dick. Get away from me.” I snapped and stalked to Ricki’s car. Rude kissing noises followed me. I gritted my teeth and ignored them. I was too dignified for a brawl. I was going to stay above this. He was drunk and probably didn’t realize how he was acting. I’d just leave with my head high and ignore him from now on. That plan was working great until I tripped on a piece of driftwood and fell on my hands and knees in the sand.       


Primani
Book One
Laurie Olerich

Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy

ISBN: 978-1492124849

Number of pages: 432
Word Count: 99,582

Cover Artist: Angela Bauer



Book Description:

Mica Thomas is Sean O'Cahan's worst nightmare. Part angel, all Primani, he's a ruthless protector with unusual talents. Jaded by the weakness of humans, he takes a hands-off approach to his charges. His job's to protect her. That's all. But Mica's got other ideas. He's strong, but she's stronger. Will his one moment of weakness destroy them both?

Mica doesn’t believe in quaint notions of fate and destiny. She’s a live-in-the-moment kind of girl until she’s attacked and left for dead. When Sean and his friends appear out of thin air to rescue her, Mica knows there’s more to them than they’re saying. Secrets and lies pile up but she can’t walk away from him.

As the clock ticks, Mica is drawn deeper into the Primani world until there’s no way out.

Tick-tock. Time is running out. What happens when it does?


About the Author:

Laurie Olerich is the author of the new Primani series. Part urban fantasy, part romance, part paranormal...Three things she can’t live without! Laurie spent most of her life in the Northeastern United States and in Western Europe. She now lives in San Antonio, Texas, with her son and Dalmatian duo, Domino and Rambo.  Desperate to escape the heat, she lives vicariously through Mica and her Primani by setting their adventures in the mountain coolness of New England and the rainy days of London. Before throwing caution to the wind and diving into a writing career, Laurie dedicated 20 years to her country by serving in the United States Air Force. Much of her time was spent around men with guns and cool toys...this explains her obsession with both.







October 28 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books

October 29 Spotlight
Lisa’s World of Books

October 30 Spotlight and review
Penny For Them...

November 4 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

November 5 Spotlight
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

November 6 Interview
Paranormal Romance Fans for Life

November 7 Interview 
Laurie's Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews

November 8 Spotlight
Lis Les Livres

November 11 Character Interview
Eclipse Reviews

November 12 Spotlight and review
Wicca Witch 4 Book Blog

November 13 Guest blog
Mythical Books

November 14 review
The Eternal Scribe

November 15 interview
Pembroke Sinclair.  

November 18 Spotlight and review
Ramblings of a Book Lunatic

November 19 Guest blog
Dalene’s Book Reviews

November 20 Spotlight
Share My Destiny

November 21 Guest blog
Cloey's Book Reviews and Other Stuff

November 22 Spotlight
BookwormBridgette's World

November 22 review
My Tangled Skeins Book Reviews

2 comments:

Laurie Olerich said...

Good Morning Everyone! I'm happy to be here today and hope to hear from you. Feel free to drop me a comment if you stop by! Oh, and I'd like to add a surprise note: Primani will be free on Amazon 6-8 Nov so you've got nothing to lose. If you're looking for something new, give Primani a shot. It'll sweep you up!

Laurie Olerich said...

Thank you, Wenona, for having me today! I really appreciate your support!