CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 18, 2013

Interview with Wendy Sparrow


Welcome Wendy, Please share a little about yourself, your genres, any other pen names you use.

I haven’t quite picked out a genre or an audience so I write in several. I’ve had Young Adult stories published as well as adult. I bounce from Contemporary to Sci-fi to Paranormal. The only consistent link is the romance—I love romance.

Tell us a little about your latest release.

On His List is an opposites attract story. Remy is sacrificing her day off to drive around some rich guy because they really need to pay rent and her brother is down with a migraine. She’s hyper and impulsive so the last thing you’d expect is to find her attracted to her client, Owen Savoy. Owen is organized down to the nth detail and he folds up his wrappers before throwing them away. The attraction goes both ways, and Remy finds herself hoping for more than one day with him and to make his next list.

Are you a mom?

I have two kids—one ten year old boy and one twelve year old girl, and they’re quirky and fun. It’s because of them I became an advocate in the Autism community.  

Do you find it hard to juggle writing and parenting?

Yes, I generally do all my writing at night or when they’re at school. When I get really desperate or I’m on a deadline, I’ll put in my earbuds and listen to white noise cranked up.

Have you ever based your book or characters on actual events or people from your own life?

All the time. Are we not supposed to do that? All of my characters have a little bit of me in them, but I borrow from people around me all the time. In fact, I periodically shout “dibs” in real life and on Twitter because sometimes reality just should be in my fiction.

Is there a theme or message in your work that you would like readers to connect to?

I think the theme in every book I write is that everyone deserves to find love. All my books have some form of romance in them because I want a happily-ever-after…and finding love seems to be the universal quest for all of us.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

Well, those on Twitter and Facebook already know this but I have severe clinical Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I hid it for the first 28 years of my life until my daughter was diagnosed with it. My mother has it also, and I realized I was about to perpetuate this feeling of shame I’d always carried with me if I treated it as something needing to be hidden. Now I’m very open about it, and I hope that helps others realize it’s not just a set of symptoms, but a disorder that devours your life.

What book are you reading now?

Right now, I’m reading a graphic novel called “Poe.” It has the author Edgar Allan Poe acting as a detective in it—much like Sherlock Holmes. (I’m a big Poe and Sherlock Holmes fan. This was a find.)


Thank you for letting me visit your blog! I hope your readers will get a chance to read On His List and tell me what they think on Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks for being here Wendy, and for sharing a little about yourself and your work.




On His List
Wendy Sparrow

Entangled Flirt

Genre: Contemporary Romance

ISBN: 9781622663736

Book Description:

"Where can I take you, Mr. Savoy?"

That was how Remy Maison’s day began, not the glamorous world of guarding underwear from her creepy landlord on laundry day, but taking her brother’s place as driver for businessman Owen Savoy. And what was with this guy? Yeah, he’s hot and all, with eyes like melted chocolate and a lean, sexy figure she’d love to explore, but Remy’s never met anyone so rigid.

Owen has a list for everything. He’s planned the entire day down to the smallest detail. All Remy has to do is stick to the list, but she never follows the rules‚ there’s no freaking way. So why is she spending all her time looking in the rearview mirror, hoping she’ll make Owen’s next list?

Amazon     BN     Goodreads


About the Author:

Wendy’s childhood as a military brat instilled in her a wanderlust to travel, but with the possibility of bugs, lost luggage, germs, a lack of parking, she just prefers the cleaner and safer visits to exciting places in her stories. It has very little to do with her obsessive compulsive disorder—maybe.  She is a passionate advocate both online and in her community for the welfare of autistic children.  In addition to writing, she enjoys painting and sketching, spending time with her two quirky kids, and running with her dog. Her wonderful husband makes sure she has the geeky, tech aspects of her stories just right.  She can often be found on Twitter where she will strike up a conversation with anyone she happens across.





Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3346109.Wendy_Sparrow




a Rafflecopter giveaway

November 11 spotlight
Reviewing in Chaos

November 12 Guest blog
Ex Libris – 

November 12 Spotlight and review
Ramblings of a Book Lunatic

November 12 review
Random Reviews by Leanne

November 13 review
Extaordinaryreads 

November 13 review
Shooting Stars Reviews 

November 14 review
Booker Like a Hooker/

November 14 Guest blog and review
Ebook Escapes

November 15 Spotlight
Book Reviews by Xunaira J.

November 15 review
Brooke Blogs

November 18 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

November 18 Spotlight
Storm Goddess Book Reviews

November 18 Spotlight
Cover Reveals 
http://CoverReveals.blogspot.com

November 19 Spotlight
Mila Ramos

November 19 review
Reading in Twilight

November 20 Spotlight
AC James

November 21 Spotlight
3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, & Sissy, Too!

November 22 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair.  

November 25 Interview
Aly's Miscellany

November 25 Spotlight
Roxanne’s Realm



No comments: