Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Review of Villa Massa Limoncello

When I received an email about reviewing Limoncello I was very excited.

I couldn't wait to try it.

I am a huge lemon fan- a fan of pretty much anything sour. So I expected this to be an instant favorite of mine. Unfortunately not so much.

I was very surprised at the flavor the the Limoncello.  It wasn't at all what I expected. I thought it would be sweeter and smoother.

To me it tasted liked lemon flavored cough syrup. 

My Italian husband said I was crazy and that it is absolutely delicious. A perfect Limoncello.

I just didn't care for it. But my husband, a true Italian, absolutely loved it and has enjoyed it on several occasions.

So I guess if you are a fan of authentic Italian Limoncello you will probably love this.




About Villa Massa Limoncello from http://www.villamassa.com/

The traditional Limoncello of Sorrento is produced by Villa Massa usingan old family recipe .

Just respect for tradition and the great care of the raw materials used to make more than twenty years, this international leader in the production of limoncello, the real Limoncello of Sorrento is in fact made using only lemons grown in one of the municipalities of the Sorrento peninsula, and in 'island of Capri.

The limoncello (also known as limoncino ) is a sweet liqueur born according to tradition at the end of the nineteenth century, such as alcoholic beverage made by blending expertly lemons, sugar and alcohol. Thegeographic origins of limoncello , a typical product eno bell, you will lose between different traditions.

The first historical Limoncello is on the island of Capri, where in 1900 thebrand "limoncello" was recorded for the first time. However, there are documents of the same period who say that the lemon liqueur was already a fixture on the tables of families of Sorrento, which is used as an aperitif or digestif. According to tradition, the origins of Amalfi Limoncello would instead be traced back to the same period in which he introduced the cultivation of Amalfi lemon.

Despite the different versions, today's limoncello is certainly one of the most famous and popular food and wine of Campania: excellent digestive if served cold, Limoncello is a pleasure to be enjoyed at room temperature, maybe mixed in tonic water or champagne. Frequent use even on ice cream and fruit salads.

In Campania, in the land of its production Prince, Limoncello closes especially lunch or dinner, a social ritual almost like coffee.
  

No comments: