2. I was traumatized by Jurassic Park as a kid and I still have nightmares about velociraptors breaking into my room and tearing me to pieces.
3. I'm terrified of spiders, millipedes/centipedes, and sharks, but I genuinely think snakes are cool as hell.
4. The earliest memory I have of childhood is swinging across some monkey bars with a little boy pretending that I was Catwoman and he was Batman.
5. The second earliest memory I have of childhood is watching the scene from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm where Bruce "confronts" his parents about his promise to avenge them. Every time I hit my lowest point, I rewatch that scene.
6. I've written 20 Batman Beyond fanfics, one of which is in the Top 10 Most Reviewed Fanfics in the category (It's Number Six, if you're curious.)
7. I love the sound of running water.
8. I don't have a Muse. I don't actually know the official definition of a "Muse" in the context that most authors use it.
9. I won NaNoWriMo on my first try in 2011. (Not trying to brag, I'm just floored that I managed to pull it off while I was still in college.)
10. I have the hugest crush on Harry Dresden imaginable and if he were a real guy, I'd marry him in a heartbeat.
11. The hit ABC show "Castle" has genuinely ruined any chances I have for getting into a romantic relationship because I will unconsciously expect my significant other to do all the adorable, noble stuff that Castle does for Beckett without question.
12. I am a terrible reader as of graduating from college. I read the entire Dresden Files in one summer, but if weren't for them, my reading total would've been single digits. I have the hardest time finding novels that I fall in love with. I keep reading things that are just okay, and so I'm constantly not reading because nothing captures me the way the Dresden Files does.
13. Nathan Fillion responded to me on Twitter one time in 2011 and I ran screaming around my house for fifteen minutes afterward. It was the third best moment of my entire life.
14. The second best moment of my life was at New York Comic Con 2011 at the Nikita panel. I told Maggie Q that I loved her and I asked Shane West to marry me. They both thought I was funny as hell.
15. The best moment of my life was at Dallas Comic Con 2013 when I met the Batman--Kevin Conroy--and he told me my name was pretty.
16. No one is harder on me than I am on myself.
17. I want to write novels for at least the next ten years and then I want to go into script writing and eventually filmmaking. I want The Black Parade to be a film someday because there is almost NO black female representation in fantasy/sci-fi genres in the public eye. Black women need a positive example in mass media and while my protagonist is no perfect hero, I want young women to see that black women are powerful and smart and nerdy and they aren't just the stupid bimbos they see in reality shows.
18. Nathan Fillion has stood me up twice in a row at conventions: once at Dallas Comic Con 2013 (seriously, he canceled his appearance the first day of the con WHILE I WAS ON THE PLANE) and then again at Atlanta Comic Con a year later, so I’m convinced that the universe is keeping us apart because I am his one true love. That, or I just have unbelievable bad luck.
19. I rarely post on writing forums because I'm scared I'm an annoyance and no one finds me worthwhile.
20. Every single day, I ask myself why I bother writing when no one buys my books and every single day, I tell myself, "Because I love it" and keep writing anyway.
21. I think Tumblr is the best worst thing that ever happened to me.
22. I don't expect to ever make money as an author. The only reason I do this for a living is because I love writing and I want to write someone's favorite book. I don't care who it is. I just want one person on this planet of seven billion to say, "The Black Parade? Yeah, that's my favorite book!" I will literally die happy if that ever happens.
23. Watching the movie Matilda almost always makes me want to cry because I was that lonely, inquisitive kid for most of my childhood. (Minus the abusive parents, of course. My parents are quite lovely.)
24. Kyoko is not my legal name, but I consider it to be my real name. It's what I call myself in my head, after all.
25. I have massive social anxiety problems, but I force myself to talk to people in hopes that it will someday get better and I can learn how to connect with others enough to have friends and colleagues.