Thursday, December 16, 2010

2011 Will Be the Year I Get Over My Tool Phobia


I am a crafty DIY girl so you think I'd have the use of tools down to a science.


Hmm....not so much.


Sure I know the basics- hammer, screwdriver, pliers...but I hate power tools and I don't know what's what when it comes to fancier tools.

With a lot of crafts and projects I am the idea person, I am the designer but when it comes down to cutting, sawing, screwing, etc I leave that up to the hubby. Then I finish up with sanding, painting, clear coating and any other finishing touches the project needs.


I know, sad right?

My husband- he's a tool guy and then some. This man can work on just about anything. He can do word working, he can do metal working, he loves tools, gadgets and anything that can be used to build, fix or even demolish something.

You know what his Thanksgiving tradition is? Watching the all day Cool Tools marathon on the DIY network. The man records all the episodes on the DVR then sits down with pen and paper and creates his want list. This year his Christmas list is 2 pages long.

Watching this with him gets me excited about tools because I see all the crafty, DIY possibilites.

I don't want to hampered though by his time frame and what he can do.
So my New Year's resolution for 2011 is to get over my fear of tools, especially power tools.

This handy little power screwdriver is small enough that I can easily hold it in my freakishly small, child size hands (another reason why I'm not so handy with tools- my hands are little and most tools are made for big man hands).

It gives me the feel of a regular screwdriver but with the added bonus of power.

It's a baby step to using major power tools.
I figure I can't dive right into using huge, noisy, loud, scary power tools can I?

No. Baby steps. Little tiny baby steps.

So the 13-Piece Powertek™ Precision Cordless Screwdriver Set is the perfert tool to start with- check out these features:

* Easy to Grip, Soft Touch, Forward and Reverse Precision Cordless Screwdriver Set
* Ideal for Toys, Electronics, Eyeglasses, Hobbies, Crafts and More
* Contains 12 Multiple Use Mini Bits with a Single Tool Design
* Includes Easy Use Bit Storage Case
* Ready to Use with 2 - AAA Batteries
* Guaranteed Forever

It's awesome.

I figure I start with this wonderful tool then continually graduate up to larger more powerful power tools. Before the end of 2011 I'll be a certified tool chick that can handle every step of my craft projects and DIY ideas.

I can't wait to give this guy a try. I bet I'll be using it real soon to put Christmas presents together.

Disclosure: I received the Husky 13pc PowerTek Precision Screwdriver Set free of charge for review

No comments: