Hello Creatively Green readers! I have an important disclaimer before you begin your expert stirring and sautéing: I am surely not a chef! But I do love cooking because I find it endlessly relaxing. Now that your expectations are sufficiently low, please continue 😊
This is a recipe for VEGAN pasta deliciousness! The measurements may not be *100%* exact, in part due my refusal to adhere to precise cooking instruction, but mostly because it usually turns out best when spices are added to taste.
Here’s the grocery list:
- 1 box of elbow macaroni
- 1 can of tomato paste
- ½ cup cashews/1 ½ cups water (for homemade cashew milk)
- 1 decent sized zucchini
- 1 onion
- 5 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1.5 tsp of liquid smoke
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add the ½ cup of cashews and 1 ½ cups of water into a blender. When smooth, set inside a fridge. You probably won’t need to use it all (I usually use almost 2/3rds of it). Homemade cashew milk is awesome for a creamy sauce base. *If you wanted to go the traditional dairy route, a heavier cream would probably work best to thicken the sauce.
- Put elbow macaroni in boiling water. Keep an eye on it, when it’s ready, it can be drained and set aside.
- Slice whole zucchini and as much of the onion as you’d like to add. I usually use about 2/3rds of it.
- Pour olive oil in pan and turn on heat. Add zucchini, and onion; sauté until they are almost translucent.
- Add cashew milk, tomato paste, liquid smoke, spinach and all seasonings.
Taste and add additional flavoring as necessary.
- Add elbow pasta.
- Stir and allow sauce to simmer and thicken.
- When you like consistency of sauce – Bon Appetit!
This recipe is best enjoyed while reading A Bloodline’s Echo. 😉 Just kidding! But I sincerely you enjoy one or the other, and I’d be thrilled if you enjoyed both.
Thank you to the Creatively Green Write at Home Mom family for hosting.
M. R. Pilot
M. R. Pilot